4 stops from Kyoto Station by JR Nara Line, and it takes 11 to 13 minutes.
There is a Machiya near JR Momoyama Station at the foot of Momoyama Mountain.
There are no high buildings in the town,
but an impressively high sky and a landscape of Japanese wooden houses
standing along a wide road with greeneries of the ruin of Fushimi Castle as a background.
A historically authentic Machiya with an extensive garden
built in Taisho period has a Western-style exterior
standing in the back of an exclusive alley in a residential area.
It gradually appears as you walk on the stone-paved alley into a spreading greens.
You can barely see a few houses from there, but the extensive garden and the spreading blue sky.
It feels like as if you are in another peaceful world.
The condition of the structures is good for almost 100 year old building,
you can start living in the house with only a light renovation.
There are various kinds of plants in the garden. In spring,
you can admire white and pink Japanese apricot flowers as well as birds visit for a fruit Yuzu orange there.
Renovation work is required due to it's aged deterioration.
Real Estate Japan Inc. (hereinafter referred to as REJ) is not a real estate agent and does not provide the intermediary service for any properties posted on this website.
1) REJ shall not be held responsible for administering a practice of monitoring the companies, which provide contents on REJ.
2) REJ shall not be held responsible for the accuracy of the content of the site. REJ cannot review all the content posted by users or third parties. Users shall use the site at their own discretion and REJ shall not be considered responsible for damages or losses incurred from the use of the site.
3) REJ shall not be held responsible for any damages arising out from natural calamity, temporary suspension of service due to the site maintenance, device failure or concentrated access, fabrication or leakage of the information caused by third parties, the loss and delayed delivery of the information and/or provision of outdated information attributed to the termination of the contract between REJ and real estate agents. Neither shall REJ be held responsible for any accidents and other damages on software and hardware caused in the use of REJ.
4) Besides the cases stated in the previous clauses, REJ is not liable to any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the use of REJ’s services excluding any claim or controversy causes for reasons attributable to REJ.
5) This site contains links to external sites administrated by third parties. REJ shall not be held responsible for the availability or content of external sites.