This is truly a one-of-a-kind property. Built right on the beach, with the sound of the ocean waves crashing on the rocks just outside, the former Chikuto inn and restaurant has been a part of countless visitors' fond summer memories since the 1960's.
The property's origins date all the way back to the Meiji era, when it began its existence as a humble storage hut used by local fishermen. In the Showa period a grand high-end ryokan was built on the site, which is the structure that still stands today. In its heyday Chikuto was famous for its excellent cuisine based on locally caught crab, and wealthy guests flew in on private jets to enjoy the restaurant and the surrounding natural scenery.
Now the former inn sits empty and full of potential, waiting for a buyer with a dream.
About the area:
The northern coast of Hyogo prefecture is blessed with clear ocean waters and a rugged, visually stunning coastline of cliffs and caves. The beach where Chikuto stands is a popular sea bathing spot. In the spring umi hotaru ("sea fireflies"), tiny luminescent sea creatures, light up the water.
Kinosaki Onsen, the famous hot spring resort, is only 15 minutes away by car.
You can find more information about Takeno Beach here: http://www.takeno-kanko.com/en/
Please note: The listed price is a guided price with a moderate level of renovation. Also, the provided floor plan is the plan for renovation.
Kinosaki Onsen (15 minutes by car)
Jan 11, 2022
Next Update Schedule
Feb 10, 2022
No description available
Takeno Station (JR San'in Main Line (Toyooka - Yonago))
GPlusMedia Inc. (hereinafter referred to as GPM) is not a real estate agent and does not provide the intermediary service for any properties posted on this website.
1) GPM shall not be held responsible for administering a practice of monitoring the companies, which provide contents on GPM.
2) GPM shall not be held responsible for the accuracy of the content of the site. GPM cannot review all the content posted by users or third parties. Users shall use the site at their own discretion and GPM shall not be considered responsible for damages or losses incurred from the use of the site.
3) GPM shall not be held responsible for any damages arising out from natural calamity, temporary suspension of service due to the site maintenance, device failure or concentrated access, fabrication or leakage of the information caused by third parties, the loss and delayed delivery of the information and/or provision of outdated information attributed to the termination of the contract between GPM and real estate agents. Neither shall GPM be held responsible for any accidents and other damages on software and hardware caused in the use of GPM.
4) Besides the cases stated in the previous clauses, GPM is not liable to any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the use of GPM’s services excluding any claim or controversy causes for reasons attributable to GPM.
5) This site contains links to external sites administrated by third parties. GPM shall not be held responsible for the availability or content of external sites.